Wenatchee Valley College - CTS Discussion Board

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/28/2016 8:23 am  #1

SharePoint 2013 Products Config Wizard Fix

If your SharePoint 2013 Configuration Wizard is failing on step 8 of 10, do this

Share your Analytics, my friend. Your Analytics_{GUID} folder, that is.

- Open explorer and go to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office Server.
- Right click the Analytics_{GUID} folder -> Sharing -> Advanced Sharing.
- Click “Share This Folder”, leave the Share name defaulted, then click Permissions.
- Because this is a dev instance, just give Everyone Full Control access (and feel OK about it).
- Re-run the wizard.

Last edited by forthe48 (4/28/2016 8:24 am)

4/28/2016 9:25 am  #2

Re: SharePoint 2013 Products Config Wizard Fix

After you do that, go into your services and make sure these services are running.

• AppFabric Caching Service 
  • SQL Server Agent for SharePoint database

If AppFabric caching service gives you an "error 5" go to "C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server" and find the program "DistributedCacheService.exe.config" Go into its properties under security and add the group "SERVICE" to it, then try to start up the appfabric service.

For the SQL service set it to "Automatic". Don't worry about starting it up.

Next go into powershell and type cd c://

Type cd "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\BIN\"

Type psconfig.exe -cmd Configdb Create SkipRegisterAsDistributedCacheHost

done.

Last edited by DevinM23 (4/28/2016 9:28 am)

5/02/2016 8:32 am  #3

Re: SharePoint 2013 Products Config Wizard Fix

OK.  Just so this is part of the discussion in case you missed class.   On my installation which is on  a member server (it is part of a domain)  -- I tried this fix before initiating the install and the folder wasn't there - so I went ahead and ran the installation -- It did not stop at step 8 it went through to completion.  My recommendation is to run the install on a member server.

Board footera